Friday, July 23, 2010

The Story of the Vacuum

On Tuesday,  Landry was inside the house, dragging his leash, which got tangled in the vacuum standing in the middle of the floor.  It tipped over and frightened him.  He ran as fast as he could to the landing at the top of the stairs.  I was able to coax him down the stairs and back into the family room with HV treats and eventually, with a combination of the treats and "Touch" my hand, lured him to the vacuum.  When he was taking treats off of the vacuum, I figured that disaster was averted.

Today I decided enough time had lapsed for us to bring the vacuum out once again and evaluate Landry's reaction to it.

He was able to remain in the room with the vac and would even play with me near it, but, as is easily seen, he prefers taking a toy to the basket and keeping a safe distance from the scary yellow thing.



About 3' away is Landry's comfort threshold.



Even with the vacuum on its side.





Even with Lily to lead the way.



EVEN when treats got involved.  (This is the part Lily likes!)



And, so, as long as the vac is out, I think I'll use it.








No comments:

Post a Comment