Dale and I are determined that Landry learn right from the start that he is able to stay by himself in a safe environment. It is difficult for Lily to be away from me, so I decided to "kill two birds with one stone" and have this be a lesson for both dogs. Lily has never been left on a tie down. She was today.
This was a 30 minute session. I left the Flip running the entire time. I was only in the room when seen on the videos.
It took the dogs two and a half minutes to get settled.
5 minutes later and all is quiet.
Lily has a leash problem, but solves it. Not once. But twice.
5 more minutes pass quietly. I reward the quiet.
Landry is distracted by Shayla drinking water and then walking past the window. Landry plays with a toy. Then, although Lily is still there (just out of sight of the camera on the right) he begins to whine.
I begin training OOS, using Chutes and Ladders. Each time I click I reward both Landry and Lily. Then I walk back beyond the camera and step out of sight. We C&Ld up to 30 seconds, twice.
Week Three
11 weeks old
No comments:
Post a Comment